When you use your Apple ID to sign in to the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store for the first time, you’re asked to enter a payment method so that you can purchase items from the store. Follow these steps if you don’t want to associate a payment method with your account.
Apple recommends using only one Apple ID for all Apple features and services that use Apple ID.
If you don’t have an Apple ID
If you haven’t created your Apple ID, follow the steps in video to create one and a store account at the same time, without adding a payment method.
Steps to create an Apple ID on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Make sure you are not signed in any Apple account. If you are, simply sign out.
1. Open the App Store, iTunes Store, or iBooks Store.
2. Choose any free app, song, video, or book.
3. Tap Get next to the item, then tap again to get it.
4. When you’re asked to sign in with an Apple ID, tap Create New Apple ID.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions. When you’re asked for payment information, choose None.
6. After you enter all of the information required, you’ll be asked to verify your Apple ID by email which you provided. You must verify your Apple ID before you can begin using it.
7. Finally, go back to the App Store application, and sign in your new account.