In this video, I build a simple image gallery application using Angular 4. We’ll use the Angular CLI to scaffold the project and then create custom Components, an image Service, and a custom Pipe to build a filterable photo gallery.
Check out my premium Angular + .NET Core Web API Premium Course at ProductiveDev:
Get 15% off a Pro Membership subscription by using promo code ‘DEV2017’ at checkout.
Link to code on GitHub: https://github.com/wesdoyle/ng-gallery
Note that I’m using bash commands on the command line – for this, you’ll need a terminal emulator like Bash on Ubuntu on Windows, Git for Windows, or Cmder. I’m using Cmder, which you can find here: http://cmder.net/
Post a link to your code if you make improvements – I may mention your repository in a future video!
Some ideas for improvement:
– Filter using image service instead of custom Pipe
– Incorporate infinite scroll style lazy loading
– Implement masonry-style tiling / better CSS
– Typescript – https://typescriptlang.org
– Node.js – https://nodejs.org/en/