Windows live is the most popular web service provided by Microsoft. This service will help you to stay connected as well as keep your online lives organized in one place. In some cases you will have to face the problem when you attempt to install this full featured program. 0x80040609 is the most common problem that is encountered when you are trying to install the Windows live. This error will occurs when your system become unable to load the essential settings for the application. Due to presence of several vulnerable applications on the system will prevent you from running the installation process. When this error occurs then you will get the following error message on the screen:
· Error 0x80040609 will occur during installing Windows live.
· Error: 0x80040609 source:wllogin-amd64
· Error 0x80040609 fails to update Messenger.
These are the common errors that you will receive when you are trying to install it on your system. There are some common reasons that will results in 0x80040609 errors are:
· Due to disability of windows firewall.
· Due to some setback in registry structure.
· Windows installer program will not read the essential settings to run correctly.
· Due to damage or corruption in computer setting.
· Due to incapability of windows to load the appropriate setting essential for Windows live.
How to resolve this problem?
If you want to resolve this frustrating situation then you can attempt the following things to resolve the 0x80040609 error.
First of all enable the windows firewall.
Steps that are required to enable the windows firewall is:
– Click on start button.
– Select the control panel.
– Click on security center.
– Select the windows firewall hyperlink.
– Select the on button to activate the windows firewall.
Uninstall the Windows Live essential from your System
If it is already present on your system then it may be possible that some files become corrupted or gets damaged. So you must have to remove the current version to remove the damaged setting from your system. You can perform these steps to uninstall it from your system:
· Select start icon from the windows pane.
· Select control panel
· Select Add or remove program.
· Select the windows live essential from the given list.
· Uninstall the program by selecting remove option.
After that you can install the fresh copy of it from the internet and install it on your System.
These things will really help you to fix the 0x80040609 error. But if it will persist then you can try to remove redundant data from registry. But this is too risky. So it is advisable that you do not do these things manually but in fact you can do it with efficient tool to resolve this problem.