NVIDIA has released the latest WHQL-certified GeForce 461.40 graphics driver as part of its Game Ready program, featuring support for The Medium. Horror will be able to offer video card owners RTX effects based on hardware ray tracing and DLSS smart scaling technology.
The driver also adds support for new discrete graphics for laptops of the GeForce RTX 30 series – RTX 3080, RTX 3070 and RTX 3060. Finally, among the innovations, eight more displays are mentioned that have been tested for compatibility with G-Sync technology (variable refresh rate that makes the gameplay smoother).
In addition, the company announced fixes for a number of identified issues:
- X4: Foundations in Vulkan mode crashed on GeForce RTX 30 series accelerators;
- incorrect interface work in X4: Foundations in Vulkan mode;
- Resident Evil 2 Remake and Devil May Cry 5 experienced crashes in DirectX 11 mode;
- Error 707, crashes or instability in DaVinci Resolve;
- Freezing Adobe Premiere Pro when using hardware acceleration Mercury Playback Engine (CUDA);
- in Zoom when using NVENC colors were displayed incorrectly;
- Detroit: Become Human crashed randomly
- stuttering and lagging when launching games in Steam VR;
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla crashed randomly after extended gaming sessions;
- filter hung in NVIDIA Broadcast Camera;
- flickering was observed in the Chrome browser when using Zoom;
- PC rebooted when enabling NVIDIA Surround and G-Sync on RTX 30 graphics cards.
NVIDIA engineers continue to address a host of known issues:
- flickering in World of Warcraft: Shadowlands;
- there is a low FPS in Supreme Commander and Supreme Commander 2;
- Wallpaper Engine crashes on startup or wakes up from sleep mode;
- Batman: Arkham Knight crashes when enhanced smoke effects are enabled;
- When launching Steam VR games, there are stutters when running against the background of any GPU performance monitoring tool;
- Power consumption of Ampere and Turing graphics cards increases in idle mode on systems using some G-Sync monitors with high refresh rates;
- video playback stops when scrolling down the YouTube page;
- Pascal laptops with high refresh rates turn on 60Hz mode while gaming;
- Vulkan apps experience performance degradation when using G-Sync and switching from full screen to windowed mode using in-game settings.
You can download NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 461.40 WHQL for notebook and desktop versions of 64-bit Windows 7 and Windows 10 from the NVIDIA website or through the GeForce Experience app. The driver supports video cards of the GeForce 600 family and above.
If you notice an error, select it with the mouse and press CTRL + ENTER.