NVIDIA has released a fresh driver for its video cards. The GeForce 452.06 is a Game Ready Program that provides support for the latest games and also includes Microsoft WHQL certification.
First of all, we are talking about support for the fresh Microsoft Flight Simulator, which provides unprecedented detail and realism for the genre – it was very warmly received by critics. Also optimizations touched Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 – these are improved re-releases of the sports series with new graphics, improved gameplay and HDR support.
Strategy fans received optimizations for A Total War Saga: Troy, inspired by Homer’s legendary “Iliad” – on the day the game was released, the game was distributed for free for a day to everyone, of whom there were 7.5 million. And the last project for which the driver was released was beta testing of another Shadowlands add-ons for World of Warcraft.
NVIDIA continues the process of certifying AMD FreeSync / VESA Adaptive Sync monitors through the G-Sync Compatible program. Among the new products are eight models:
- Acer XB273U GX (27 “IPS 2560 × 1440, HDR, 48-240 Hz);
- Acer VG272 LV (27 “IPS 1920 × 1080, HDR, 48-165 Hz);
- Acer XV272 LV (27 “IPS 1920 × 1080, HDR, 48-165 Hz);
- Acer CP5271U V (27 “IPS 2560 × 1440, HDR, 48-170 Hz);
- Acer X34 GS (34 “IPS 3440 × 1440, HDR, 50-180 Hz);
- ASUS PG329 (32 “IPS 2560 × 1440, HDR, 50-165 Hz);
- IO Data GC252UX (24.5 “IPS 1920 × 1080, HDR, 55-240 Hz);
- Lenovo Y25-25 (24.5 “IPS 1920 × 1080, 48-240 Hz).
NVIDIA also fixed a number of issues:
- in Shadow of the Tomb Raider in DirectX 12, the game crashed at launch when the hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling function was activated
- Texture artifacts were observed in Death Stranding on GeForce GTX 1600 and RTX 2000 series GPUs;
- Black squares appeared around characters in Path of Exile;
- Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed crashed at water level;
- Forza Motorsport 7 stutters;
- artifacts appeared in Zhan Ge Jing Ji Chang when playing through the Tencent mobile game simulator;
- some games randomly freeze – among them Assassin’s Creed Origins, Planetside 2, Assassin’s Creed III, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Assassin’s Creed Syndicate;
- NVIDIA Control Panel did not display the native resolution of some HDTVs if frequencies were incorrect.
- some displays showed a green tint in Windows night mode;
- artifacts after waking up a monitor connected via HDMI;
- artifacts on the display of laptops when turned on after a long idle time.
NVIDIA engineers continue to troubleshoot known issues related to SLI, G-Sync, World of Warcraft Shadowlands, Sunset Overdrive, Valve Index VR helmet, Call of Duty: Warzone, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Forza Motorsport 7, Fortnite, Zombie Army: Dead War 4 and a number of other problems.
The GeForce Game Ready 452.06 WHQL driver is dated August 17th and can be downloaded for 64-bit Windows 7 and Windows 10 from NVIDIA’s website or through the GeForce Experience app.
If you notice an error, select it with the mouse and press CTRL + ENTER.