Raiffeisen Bank International buys foreign exchange and payment operator Akcenta

Raiffeisen Bank International buys foreign exchange and payment operator Akcenta


MarketBusiness

Ekaterina Alexandrova | 02/18/2021

Raiffeisen Bank International buys foreign exchange and payment operator Akcenta

Raiffeisen Bank International (RBI) acquires Czech company AKCENTA CZ a.s. (Akcenta) – foreign exchange and payment operator.

RBI will buy out 70% of Akcenta’s shares, the remaining 30% will be acquired by the Czech subsidiary of RBI – Raiffeisenbank a.s. The deal will be closed by the end of May after receiving regulatory approval.

The acquisition of Akcenta is one of the steps towards implementing RBI’s strategy to achieve a leading position in the foreign exchange market in Central and Eastern Europe.
Now about 75% of operations on it are carried out by banks, the remaining 25% – by non-bank credit institutions such as Akcenta.

Akcenta offers services for converting foreign currency, hedging transactions and other payment services to small and medium-sized businesses in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland,
Romania and Germany. In total, the company has about 43,000 clients, of which more than 20,000 are in the Czech Republic. At the end of 2020, the company’s total assets amounted to about
93 million euros, the total volume of customer transactions for the year – just under 7 billion euros.

Akcenta will work closely with RBI’s existing foreign exchange and payments business, but the company will not be integrated into the group.

Raiffeisenbank is a subsidiary of Raiffeisen Bank International AG.

Raiffeisenbank Banks Mergers and Acquisitions



Leave a Comment