Analyst firm NPD Group released US gaming spending data for February, noting strong industry growth in the wake of the pandemic. According to the information, the jump in revenue was 35% compared to the reporting period a year earlier – up to $ 4.6 billion.
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury was the top-selling game of the month, even though only physical copies were counted (Nintendo does not provide digital data to third parties). Also in the top 20 were two other new releases: Persona 5 Strikers debuted in third place, and Little Nightmares 2 in sixth. All three of these new items have pushed Cyberpunk 2077, Super Mario Party and UFC 4 out of the top 20.
Interestingly, six of the best-selling games in February 2021 also made it to the top 20 in February 2020.
Top 20 best-selling games from January 31 to February 27 (by revenue):
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury *;
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War;
- Persona 5 Strikers;
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales;
- Madden NFL 21;
- Little Nightmares 2;
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla;
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe *;
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons *;
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare;
- FIFA 21;
- NBA 2K21 *;
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate *;
- Mortal Kombat 11;
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars *;
- Ring Fit Adventure;
- Just Dance 2021;
- Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition;
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild *;
- Immortals Fenyx Rising.
* Digital sales are not included
If you notice an error, select it with the mouse and press CTRL + ENTER.